The fact that a traffic light is red typically implies that the lights for the crossing traffic are green – and the risk for collisions is considerable.
Traffic lights are normally positioned at heavily used intersections and at locations where ordinary traffic signs or right-of-way rules are not sufficient to ensure fluid traffic flow. There is therefore a statistically significant chance of driving into another road user should a red light be ignored.
Uniquely, the Sensys RLSS is able to detect both speed and distance, allowing the non-intrusive sensor to analyze speed behavior as vehicles approach the stop line. If it is calculated that a vehicle will not (be able to) stop before the stop line, the system will take a picture of the vehicle just before the stop line showing its position, the red light and the license plate.
If the radar detects that a vehicle is indeed passing the stop line during the red light phase, the system will take a second picture after the vehicle has fully passed the stop line. The second picture may be taken either by the same camera from the rear, or by a second camera located across the intersection. The latter option allows for driver identification should such be required by local law.
RLSS systems are installed on pole-mounted cabinets. The cabinets are manufactured for all weather conditions and can be delivered with heating and cooling systems included.
The RLSS has been installed across the globe and is proving its ability to reduce accidents and injury every day!
- High-resolution digital images
- Continuous speed verification by applying two independent methods
- Number plate and/or driver identification
- Secure remote communications and setup
- Two images taken for evidence recording of vehicle at red light before stop line and after stop line
- Provides information about time, date, location, speed, speed limit, red light time, grace time etc…
- Supports front or rear photography or both simultaneously
- Non-intrusive technology, no devices buried in the road surface
- Tracks and measures each vehicle more than 20 times per second
- Triggers at an adjustable speed limit and report line
- Single or dual camera post option available
- Coverage up to three lanes